Has the drive to have it all left you feeling empty?
You are not alone, and there is nothing “wrong” with you….
Let’s get you feeling better.
You’ve worked hard all your life to be successful and yet feel stressed, down, and discouraged. Wonder where things have gone wrong? You’ve come to the right place.
Perhaps you’ve been going on autopilot for so long, that you didn’t even realize how much your happiness was suffering. You seem to worry much of the time. You worry about work, relationships or what is happening at home. You worry about the future. You’re not at peace and it feels like your fears are controlling you.
You’re hard on yourself. Many people admire you for what you have accomplished, but as you listen to them speak, you often think to yourself, “If you only knew the truth about me.”
If you’re wrestling with any of the scenarios below, there is hope!
- Anxiety or irritability: You feel stressed, anxious and irritable much of the time.
- Self-doubt: You doubt yourself, your relationships, or your work. You’re confused about what is best or what you want at times.
- Inability to relax or sleep: You can’t seem to slow down, your mind is rarely at rest, you’re either fretting about what has gone/will go wrong or thinking about what you need to do next.
- You feel you should be doing more, even though you feel like you are doing too much already: You don’t feel good enough. You strive for perfection, yet never seem to achieve it. Your constant negative self-talk is all consuming at times.
- You’re relationships are not fulfilling. You’re not getting what you need. You might feel unable to have a satisfying intimate relationship, or the one you have just isn’t going well.
- Symptoms of panic: You sometimes have difficulty breathing, have heart palpitations, or break out in nervous sweats.
- You feel stuck in a rut. You know you need change, but you can’t seem to make it happen.
Through Counseling we can work together to relieve your stress and overwhelm.
I know you might feel discouraged right now. That’s totally understandable if you’ve been struggling for a while. And yet, there is hope. Counseling has been successful at helping women resolve all the above problems and more. It doesn’t matter how badly you feel right now or how complicated your life seems. It can always get better.
Good News: Here are some benefits of therapy…
- Calm your mind. You can feel more at peace, relax and be able to sleep better.
- Feel more positive towards yourself. You can increase your feelings of self-worth and confidence. You’ll feel more comfortable in your own skin.
- Have better and deeper relationships. You’ll have a greater sense of the value you bring to your relationships and be able to get more of your needs met.
- Feel more joy and be able to laugh at yourself and your life more.
- Develop stronger coping skills and be able to handle the curveballs that life can throw at you.
- Know yourself on a deeper level and have a greater freedom to express yourself authentically.
- Feel more optimistic about your life and your future.
It’s hard to ask for help.
I know it’s hard to ask for help from a counselor when you are accustomed to doing things on your own. But think of it this way: You’d seek a medical professional if you were sick or had an injury.
From this perspective, doesn’t it make sense to see a therapist when you are struggling to find happiness?
I’m a Chicago Counselor who would like to help.
It takes courage to enter therapy. You have to be fed up with the way things are going now and really want things to be better.
As a therapist with over 14 years experience, I can support and guide you to make the changes you want. I’m extremely passionate about helping my clients create better lives for themselves.
If you feel any doubt that therapy will help, that’s ok. You only have to call and take that first step. Together with a counselor in Chicago, we’ll help you gain faith in yourself and make the changes that will bring you more peace and happiness.
Here are two things you can do right now: